Join us for a day-long forum exploring the urgency of climate change and the transformative solutions emerging in our communities.
Our goal with this event is to help people connect, collaborate, plan, and take action on our local, green transition.
We are hosting talks and workshops facilitated by a team of educators, activists and climate-change leaders. These are intended for everyone concerned about our future, our planet, and our social well-being.
The program explores:
- Building resilience for food, shelter and transportation without fossil fuels
- Indigenous justice and decolonizing our responses to climate change
- Strategies for reducing human impact on climate and the environment
- A just transition to a zero-emissions economy
- Nature’s role in combating the climate crisis
This is the first in a series of events hosted by Manitoba’s Climate Action Team, a coalition of organizations advocating for a non-partisan, specific, and actionable path for achieving climate resilience and a zero-emissions economy in Manitoba.
Partners include: Manitoba Eco Network, Climate Change Connection, Green Action Centre, Prairie Climate Centre, Manitoba Energy Justice Coalition, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives- Manitoba Chapter, and the University of Winnipeg’s Sustainability Office.